Following its phenomenal success last year, the BBC Good Food Show will return to the Belfast Waterfront from 10-12 November 2017.
This year the show will return with more great food, a great range of some of Northern Ireland’s very best producers of food, drink and artisan products and a new spacious layout. With a line-up of top celebrity chefs and culinary experts, the weekend will be full to the brim with demonstrations, tastings, chef interviews, book signings and more.
Presenter of the BBC’s The Big Family Cooking Showdown, Nadiya Hussain, The Hairy Bikers, Michelin-star chef Michel Roux and MasterChef’s John Torode are amongst the top chefs and experts taking part in the Show.
I’m absolutely by no means a chef, but I thought I would give this doughnut bread pudding by Nadia Hussain a whirl.
What else would I be doing on my week off sure?
• Butter for greasing
• 6 jam doughnuts, cut in half horizontally to make two circles
• 200ml whole milk
• 300ml double cream
• 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
• 40g caster sugar
• 3 large eggs
• 1 tsp icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C fan/gas mark 5. Generously grease a 23cm square dish.
2. Lay out the doughnuts with the jam facing up.
3. Add the milk, cream, vanilla, sugar and eggs to a jug and give it all a good whisk.
4. Pour the mixture over the doughnuts, gently pressing them down so they are submerged.
5. Put the dish to one side for 30 minutes, so the doughnuts can soak up the mixture.
6. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until the centre of the pudding is slightly wobbly.
7. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Dust with the icing sugar before serving.
Why not give it a go for a quick little midweek dessert?! Don’t forget the bbc good food show is on Friday – Sunday!
For a full line-up of events and further information, visit bbcgoodfoodshow.com/belfast-waterfront
or call 0844 581 1356